Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good Start to the New Year

By the end of the 2nd, I had finished off two WIPs hanging over from 2011, the scarf for my nephew and a hurricane hat from leftovers.  Both came out well, I think.

Tweedy Cashmere Scarf

Hurricane Hat in Manos and Vintage
I met with a group of knitting friends (Carol, Sylvia, and Jocelyn, plus new-to-me knitters Helen and Sue) over coffee at Panera in Campbell Tuesday morning.  I cast on another hurricane hat, this time in Lamb's Pride left over from the blanket I knit for my brother and his wife.  I finished the rib and 1/3 of the pre-decrease section of the cap by the time we left (2 hours later).  The finished hat is below.  It is actually a slightly brighter green than it appears.
Hurricane Hat in Lamb's Pride
At our meeting, we talked about winnowing down our stashes this year, and also about Uncommon Threads sale that started that day.  

I went to Uncommon Threads in the afternoon and bought enough Classic Elite Waterlily in a nice raspberry to knit a Central Park Hoodie, a project I've had my eye on for some time.

So much for stash reduction...

I'm now trying to finish another WIP holdover, a Noro stripe scarf in two shades of Silk Garden (#252 and 268); 268 is the pastel version of 252.  It feels like a good companion piece to the scarf I knit in Kureyon (#258 and 259) in December.

I think I will try to finish my Phinney sweater next (body is complete including neckband, both sleeves are half done), and then move on to a new project.

Noro Strip Scarf in Silk Garden


Noro Stripe Scarf in Kureyon

No comments: