This happens not infrequently with my knitting, which may partially explain why so many of my knitting projects have stalled out.
This past week, I was working away on my first project for Use It or Lose It challenge period #2, a Boneyard Shawl from some Brooks Farm merino/silk blend that had been in my stash for over 3 years. I have 810 yards of this, not quite enough for a long sleeved sweater unless I add in another yarn, and since I already have vests in similar colors (blues and black), I decided a shawl was in order. This is what it looked like about 40 yards in:
|Boneyard Shawl in BF Four Play|
|Squares on the coffee table shelf|
|42 sock yarn squares|
As I was knitting my squares, I flipped through the rest of the Knitalong book where the pattern for the above squares (Barn Raising Quilt) came from. The Spiral Blanket caught my eye. It would use much more of my Brooks Farm yarn than the Boneyard Shawl would (unless I made the shawl HUGE), and besides, I already have a shawlette in similar colors (something that slipped my mind when I cast on the shawl).
Last night I cast on the blanket, and about 100 yards in, this is what it looks like:
|Spiral blanket WIP|