Saturday, February 11, 2012

Finally lost out to startitis

Amigurami Donut
Striped Beanie in Vintage
Since January 22nd, I have finished a few things.  There was a silly donut to go with the cupcake I made Kerry for her stocking.  I also finished the Phinney sweater (see 1/22 post for a yoke close-up) and a matching beanie from the leftovers.  Despite my fear of running out of yarn, I still have not knit a single stitch from the extra ball of teal I bought last fall when I was in panic mode.

By February 1st, I had completed 10 knitted and 1 crocheted project in 2012.  Six of those were started in 2011, so my WIP pile was whittled down a bit.  For a moment, I was feeling smug.

The WIP pile has since grown, and I am still a bit fidgety.  I have four new projects on the needles:  a Baby Wrap sweater (design by Churchmouse) in Koigu, a Spectra scarf (design by Stephen West) in Knit Picks Chroma and Stroll, a Mistake Stitch Rib scarf in Lorna's Laces Worsted (Miner -- think SF 49ers -- colorway), and a Central Park Hoodie in Classic Elite Waterlily.  The baby sweater is about 25% complete, the scarves are about 1/6 done, and the hoodie has been swatched and the ribbing is barely started.
Spectra Scarf
Central Park Hoodie in progress
Close up of Baby Wrap Sweater
49er Faithful Scarf

I have also found myself with more yarn than I started the year with (how did that happen?) and have been lusting over designs in new magazines, not to mention Ravelry postings.

Maybe I just need to cast on one more project to calm myself down...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Stumbled on your blog from a ravelry search and I love it! That Spectra scarf is beautiful...I'm going to have to look into that.

flip flop mama said...

Cute stuff! I'm a knitting Jamie too! :)